Wednesday, September 28, 2011

My little sister is pregnant. She's is due mid-late December. She lives 1,000+ miles away. I think I've done my best since I found out about this, to keep cheery, and push it from my mind. I'm happy for her. I'm excited about being an aunt. However, if I dwell to long, there is this overwhelming sadness that starts to creep in. I did not plan for things to go this way. I'm the big sister, and I want to be there for all the pregnancy milestones. I want to go to the doctor with her, and watch the sonogram in person. I want to go with her when she fills up her Target treasury with baby stuff. I want to pat her tummy and talk to it, and feel the baby kick. I feel like these are things that are SUPPOSED to happen. Yet, because of distance, I don't get to do any of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment